There would not be anything wrong in saying that over a course of time Mobile devices have become more popular than desktops and laptops. And carrying laptops is one hell of a hectic thing. And the most important fact is that according to a recent study over the course of the last year, there is a sudden increase of over 10 percent of mobile users and nearly 51 percent of time spent by users in the USA is on mobile devices.
Users engage in nearly all activities on their mobile phones, right from watching the news, and videos to doing bank transactions. Sometimes the app requires you to enable your location or confidential information as well. And if everything goes well then it helps business to increase their engagement and customer reach. Just imagine if this data goes to a harmful user.
So mobile app security becomes a very important duty of business and enterprise owners.
Well, this blog from the leading app development company i.e. B2C info Solutions brings to you a comprehensive guide to mobile security, so make sure you read it till the end.
Let’s dive into this one.
What is Mobile App Security?
Mobile app security is a measure to secure apps from external threats like malware and other digital frauds which are trending nowadays. So it has become a necessity in today’s world. A breach in security might give hackers to intervene in the person’s life of a user but also data like current location, banking information, personal information, and much more.
Impact of Weak Mobile App Security
Consumers are often dependent on and trust development agencies to test their apps testing for security measures before making them available to the users. Here are some following things that hackers can steal if there is not so secure coding.
Hackers gain login credentials from any website or device. For example Banking, Social networking, websites, etc., causes major theft and cybercrimes.
Hackers can obtain credit card or debit details. Especially where there is no password required, the app is at high risk for payment transactions.
Hackers can get the code base of the app for illegally creating a clone of the app. If the app gets more
The primary source of income for any mobile application is paid subscriptions. A weak security system will open the doors for hackers to access all the primary features which can lead to major revenue loss, especially in the case of gaming and OTT Applications.
Loss of Brand Recognition and Confidence
A user provides his/her email id and financial details on the brands they trust. If it gets hacked, loss of brand confidence and trust is inevitable. Gaining the trust of your customers is not that easy but you can lose it in a blink of an eye.
Major App Security Risks for Android and iOS apps
Mobile apps are not developed to provide protection against viruses, there are few but most of them don’t fall in that category.
Just installing an anti-virus will not provide the security required for poorly coded apps. Let’s take a look at some security risks in all the applications.
Security Risks in Android Apps
Security Risks in iOS Apps
Other common Risks
Top 3 Mobile App Security Checklist
The most important element of mobile security is to ensure that the app is risk-free personal data provided by users is safe and secured.
No matter how experienced your team is or how well strong is coding, there would be some bugs present in the coding.
To ensure improved mobile security, let’s take a look at the checklist below.
1. Secure the Source Code- It is the most Fundamental component while programming an app. nowadays open-source code is mostly used by developers. However, open-source code is more dangerous as the hackers can create clone apps quite easy easily and can conduct fraudulent activities.
By using software such as pro-guard, we can make the coding stronger. By making it obfuscating code you make it difficult to understand by changing the class.
2. Secure Mobile Communications- While transferring the data from the user side to the app, there are many possibilities to be hacked. The hacker can play a man-in-the-middle attack over WiFi. It is very important to secure the data while communicating. Thus, Encryption of Communication data involves VPN and HTTPS Communication to secure the data in the transit.
3. Proper Testing- It is effective to find the flaws from the hacker’s perspective. The testing should include checking password policies, unencrypted data, permission to third-party apps, No password expiry, and much more.
4. Prevent Data Leaks- Users can install any personal apps without establishing the securable data at risk. You can prevent data leaks by:
- Avoid Copy and Paste features
- Don’t allow screenshots
- Watermarking all the sensitive files
- Prevent all the confidential files on phones
This goes without saying that Mobile security should be on your priority list. If you are planning to develop an app then never ever forget to check out the mobile security checklist to ensure that the app is safe from both user's and business points of view.
To know more about mobile app security or to discuss an idea feels free to connect with experts at email@example.com.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *