When it comes to mobile app development, the most preferred platforms are android and iOS. Each of these platforms requires different coding for smooth application development. This situation causes the app development and that provided a way for cross-platform development.
Those days are gone when developers have to work hard to create an app for app development platforms. Now they can create an app with one-time coding all because of cross-platform development.
Cross-platform app development is a process that lets the development of mobile applications in such a way that they can easily run on different platforms. This type of development programming is done in such a way that it is supported by Android, iOS, or windows. Cross-platform development is loved by numerous developers across the globe because of its advanced features and tools.
Some of the popular tools that cross-platform app development provides are Xamarin by Microsoft, React Native by Facebook, and PhoneGap from Adobe. Each cross-platform tool has its own pros and cons. The developer’s community are always keen for something new and improved to make the cross-platform time saving and efficient.
The constant improvement in technology gave birth to flutter. It was launched back in 2018 by Google. Ever since it has been launched it is highly praised by developers across the globe for its proficiency in cross-platform app development. However, a debate between flutter vs react native is always going for mobile app development among developers since the time launched. Now let’s discuss flutter what makes the most desired platform for cross-app platform development.
What is Flutter?
It is a software development kit and an astounding cross-app platform app development tool launched by Google. It uses Dart Language for programming. Flutter was launched in 2018 with features that were missing in the previous cross-app platform development tool. Apps built with flutter can easily run on Android, iOS, and Google Fuchsia which is another app development platform developed by Google.
Flutter is being used by the developers that there is something unique around before. Here are some things on developers work with flutter:
- Ability to support advanced APIs
- Improved Documentation
- Enhanced Engine Performance
- Bug Fixes
- Accessibility for all types of developers
- Android studio tools
- Support different programming languages
- Additional features inline videos and charts
What makes flutter so desirable?
Ever since Flutter came into existence, it has become a desire for every developer. Before they begin building a mobile application, business owners want t know about the type of app development it supports and ones that do not support it. Flutter is not a choice if you are developing.
Pros and Cons of Flutter Cross-App Development
From an app owner's point of view, developing an app with flutter is highly beneficial and comparatively less costly. Here are some of the advantages of using flutter app development.
- Perfect for MVP- Flutter is the perfect choice to build quickly to it to show your investors and that makes the process less time-consuming and build native looking for an app for both android and iOS platforms.
- Less Coding- As discussed earlier flutter uses Dart Programming Language which is an object-oriented computer programming language. It does not need a new program if any changes are made because it allows the reloading.
- Cross-Platform Development- Flutter is a cross-app platform development tool. This coding is done only once and then the same coding can be done on other platforms as well. Flutter is the only access for development in Google’s fuchsia platform.
- Different Themes- Mostly, the themes for the android and iOS apps are quite similar. But flutter allows putting in different themes while coding for the platforms.
- Limited to Mobile Only- To build an app with flutter means it would be an app for the mobile-only. The platform is not available for the web browser. If you are looking for a flexible platform for your app then this platform will not be suitable for you.
- Few Libraries- Flutter does not libraries but a wide range of it, the most common that Google offers are still not available on the platform. If any developer wants to use any unavailable libraries then he/she needs to build on his own which is a time taking process.
- No TV Support- Even though flutter development is supported in both iOS and Android mobiles but it is yet to be available for Apple and Android TV.
- No CI Support- Other platforms allow continuous integration but flutter does do that. There are many ready-made solutions instead of CI platforms but to use that developers need to use toolkits.
What does it cost to develop a flutter mobile application?
It takes 50% less time to build a mobile app with flutter as compared to developing iOS and Android apps separately. To build an android and iOS app on flutter it takes approximately 250 hours. And the other hand it takes 400 hours to build the app for iOS and 250 hours for android.
To determine the exact cost of the app development you can multiply that with the per hour charge of the development team. However, an app on flutter will costs somewhere around between $15000 to $40000.
Where flutter stand out in the future?
It is often seen that there is some compromise between quality and productivity while developing separate apps for iOS and Android. Thus, Google launched flutter as a cross-development tool.
Flutter is there in the development market for quite some time now and its future seems very bright. Recently, Google launched Flutter 1.7 with some advanced features such as a game controller and much more. There is nothing wrong with saying this version is quite powerful than the previous ones. Flutter has quite potential and if it would fill the gap of quality and productivity then this will soon take over the app market.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *